You need to be logged in to view the downloads.
Xynpol AO557L is a VeoVa10 containing water based dispersion. VeoVa 10 confers exceptional hydrophobicity to the polymer design. The benefits of Xynpol AO557L can be summarized as follows:
- Excellent water resistance whilst maintaining acceptable water vapor permeability.
- A high level of wet adhesion: the polymer contains a high level of wet adhesion enhancing functionality. This means that when applied to wood or other porous substrates the film maintains good adhesion in the presence of moisture pressure from behind, eliminating blistering on well-prepared surfaces. Additionally this functionality confers good adhesion to old alkyd substrates.
- AO557L has an MFFT of zero C, achieved by core shell morphology. The softer polymer components are arranged on the polymer particles so that they adhere together, reducing the need for coalescing solvent in formulated coatings.
- Exceptional UV stability: VeoVa 10 has greatly enhanced UV stability compared to acrylics.
- Low grain raising on wood and other cellulosic substrates. The wet dispersion particles are hydrophobic in nature and tend not to soak into wood fibres. Therefore suitable coatings are characterised by very low end-grain raising. This improves film integrity and eliminates the need to sand the product between coats.